When I invoke the "Create deployment artifacts" in Eclipse, a deployment directory is created in my project. Inside the deployment directory are a .bar file and a .jar file. When I copy the .jar file to the activiti-5.7\apps\apache-tomcat-6.032\webapps\activiti-explorer\WEB-INF\lib, restart the demo project and execute the process, I get a ClassDefNotFound exception for one of the classes in the .jar file. I noticed that the file separator character in the .jar file is "\", not "/". I extracted the files from the .jar file and manually jarred them again. This caused the Linux file separator to be used and I no longer got the ClassDefNotFound exception. I also tried using the Eclipse "Export" to a Jar file; that worked too.